12:24 AM
Well this I didn't expect. About 15 min's ago, I felt this surge from the implant all across my left shoulder, just barely for a split second. Almost as if somebody had just touched two wires together to create a spark. It happened a couples more times again before I actually got laid down for bed. I laid there stressing and worried that I might get zapped in my sleep and freak the shit out of me. It's bad enough I barely get any sleep because of the pain, now I've got to be worried about a sudden burst of shock therapy in the middle of my sleep.
11/26/2010 3:28 PM
I got up this morning and wasn't doing too good. I am having such an increase in pain in my hand and it's radiating outward into my wrist and forearm. The crushing sensation is coming back, full force. When I came out to the kitchen, I asked my Pops if was ready, then I was, and he knew what I was referring to, a trip to the hospitals urgent care. I was not only having the pain in my hand and arm, my battery implant is causing a lot of pain just to the touch on and around the surface of where it's at in my cheek. I was also having some chest pains and I had no idea what was causing that.
My Pops and I went to the ER (urgent care) at the hospital and while sitting there at registration, my chest pains started to get worse and as I reacted to it, the check-in nurse got me a wheelchair and rolled me right in, even though the lobby was pretty full of people. Well once in a room, they got my blood pressure, and ran an EKG. Everything came back fairly good, I just checked my blood pressure and it was 140/90 with a pulse of 77, not sure exactly how that rates to what it was this morning or when they took it at the hospital.
You know, I can't stand it when stupid people become doctors or something and you would normally figure they should be kinda smart. For example, I had already made mention to the nurses and the doctor at the hospital when I was rolled into the back with chest pains that I didn't want them or expect them to DO anything with my implant or the wires that run from my neck to my ass. I just wanted x-rays to determine if there was a problem that they might be able to SEE with the wires or the battery. I had only one concern; was there a broken wire; was the battery going to leak BATTERY ACID inside me if the wire lead came out when I tried to clip my toenails. But my point is that time and time again the doctor and a nurse or two repeated they couldn't do anything to the implant. And I kept telling them, "I don't want you to touch the implant or the wires, I want you to use the x-ray's to see if there was a visible problem. I explained a few times that all of a sudden, the unit seem to have surged on Monday and then started acting like it was shorting out and then on Wednesday evening it quit all together except for setting #4 which is now only sending signals to my left shoulder and up my neck to the left side of my skull.
I sent a text to my nursing rep (Melissa) for the Stim Implant and we scheduled an appointment for Monday to see if she can reset the unit and reprogram it. I hope that is all it will take to get it going. We already have to have another surgery on my implant in my neck, it go placed just a little bit too far left and it's causing it too effect different parts of my arm and even making my left leg tingles quite a bit. It doesn't feel bad, I'm just not supposed to be feeling it there.
Oh, I did forget to mention, the ER doctor did give me a prescription for Fentanyl 25mcg's Patches. I also need to remember to put it in my Google Health page. Well maybe now it will effect me better than the last time. I've never taken the 25's, that I can remember anyway. I know I've taken the 75's and the 100's. They didn't do anything that I noticed. The pain in my hand didn't change by using the 100's, all I know is if I do stop taking the pain medication, the crushing pain and the sharp shooting pain gets more intense.
11/26/2010 11:33 PM
Well, I just looked at this and I'm thinking I like this. I'll just keep it open throughout the day and add whatever I want throughout the day, hmm.
Oh, I may have mentioned it but I'm kind of excited about it, I dropped off this piece of artwork for my daughters birthday next week. I would love to post it for all to see but it'll have to wait until I get it to her on Tuesday. So everyone, go into facebook and wish my beautiful daughter a very happy 25th birthday
No comments:
Post a Comment