Friday, January 14, 2011
10:48 AM
New day, same old aches and pains. Well, I went out about 6:30 this morning for a walk, it was sooo, sooo, cold out. If felt colder this morning than it did a few weeks ago when it was 33 outside. And today it was like in the 50's I think. But I walked up to Coaches, a restaurant an ex g/f works at. Had coffee, chatted it up a bit and came back to the house. I had to lay down. My neck and shoulders were so sore. When I got home, pops was up and he suggested breakfast. I couldn't move any more, so I told him to give me a while so I could rest my neck and shoulders.
So while I'm laying there, I got a call from a nursing agency from Yuma, they got authorization from the insurance company to give me some home care for a few weeks. So this should be interesting. I've never had that before. She'll be here this afternoon, 2:30 or so.
Ohhh, and too. Yesterday, on Face Book, I got friend request from Duana Swecker, Duana Dugan now though. I don't know if that’s her first married name or if there is more than one or what. But it was really cool. She was the one I wanted to marry right out of high school. But, right out of high school, I went to boot camp for the Marine Corp. When I came home for my 2 week leave, just before heading back, she broke it off with me. Well that screwed me up for a long time. So anyway, it was fantastic hearing from her. I tried looking her up several times over the years but didn't get anywhere. Then too, when I went to Tacoma last year for my mom's cancer surgery, I stayed at my brothers and several times while I was there, I drove by Duana's old neighborhood and thought quite a bit about her and the old days.
It'll be great to see what she's been up to and everything.
Well, freshly showered and shaved, after a couple of weeks anyway. I got that visit from a nurse from the Yuma nursing agency. Not exactly the most experienced or real helpful I guess. Maybe though not what I imagined. She did help me in the shower with my back and drying off. That was fine. All I need except maybe a little more help in washing my hair but I managed.
No comments:
Post a Comment