January 18, 2011

June 24, 2008
Thursday, September 30, 2010
5:33 PM
This is Thursday, I don't remember when I woke up, but I was still in and out of a sleep mode of some sort. Plus, Mr. TV across the room had the volume back up again. I saw everyone else in the room, (patients) getting a tray of breakfast and juice, maybe some coffee. I got nothing, no coffee, no water, no ice chips, nothing. I do have to admit though, it reduced my need to pee in the bedside bottle, because that alone was so hard to do with one hand. I'm sure in those few days I also lost a few pounds. I was so hungry, I really wanted my kids to even sneak in something for me. But, if the doctors did all of a sudden decide to operate, I would have been screwed with having food in my stomach. So I waited, and waited.
My kids Kip and Natasha, Kips friend Sarah and Tasha's friend Angela came by around mid morning. I was hoping to give them some news about when they were going to operate, but I didn't have anything for them. Unfortunately my son and his friend had to get back on the road to Billings, they were driving and that being such a long ways, they wanted to get on the road once they knew what was going on. I told them to go ahead and get on the road, I was thankful for them being there at such a fucked up time of my life. I hadn't seen my son in a couple of years and it was amazing to have them both, my daughter and my son back with me, within reach at the same time. The thing that sucked, is that my son and his friend just got there over the weekend, Saturday the 19th I think. His 21st birthday was on Sunday the 20th. We went out and had drinks at the Yard House, I even got carded and the really weird thing was, my drivers license was expired. Fortunately I have enough gray hair, that he took my word for it that I was over 21. Then we went over to Cheesecake Factory, mmmmmmmm I just love the food there. Here are some pictures of the staff bringing out a cheesecake with a candle and singing him happy birthday. That’s my boy, turning the big 21. we had such a good time.




I think he was a little embarrassed by the happy birthday song, who wouldn't be, even for a second you know


Then he blew the candle out, still looks like he was making his wish.


No, I don't think this was his wish, this is Sarah. She was down here visiting with my son. She is so cool, just an all around stand up person.


And here is my beautiful daughter Natasha (Tasha)


I've got some great kids, just overall good people too. And they look good too, handsome son, and a beautiful daughter.

Ok, back to my hospital stay. My son and Sarah head out to get on the road for Montana, Tasha and her friend Angela hang out for a bit.
Eventually, a nurse comes by. I think around 2 or 3 and say's that I can have dinner because they have me scheduled for surgery the next morning, Friday. Well I wasn't too optimistic about it, but I was just happy to get something to eat. It's now Thursday evening and I haven't had anything to eat since Monday night. She (the nurse) did say I could have anything I wanted up until midnight. Unfortunately, my mind was like 20 times bigger than my stomach at this point. I asked for this, that and the other thing to eat, but I could only eat so much. Before the accident I felt I was just about my ideal weight, I felt good, and I felt I looked good. I was in some of the best shape I had been in years. But now, after not eating for what, more than 72 hours, I felt like shit, and I'm sure I had lost quite a lot of weight. This picture above was 2 days before my accident, and now, I'm glad I don't have a photo of me. It's been 3 days, haven't shaved, haven't eaten. My arm is still opened but under some bandaging.
Tasha & Angela left after I got some food. I consider Angela my lost adopted daughter, she best friends with my daughter and calls me dad too. Its pretty cool having a second daughter.
Anyway, more tomorrow. I got some dinner and hopefully they will operate tomorrow.
Oh yeah, I did forget to mention, the anesthesiologist came by my bed and introduced herself to me and wanted to fill me in on what was going to happen tomorrow morning. Well two things did happen, the first being I didn't quite hear what she said the first time, I had to have her repeat it because man oh man was she gorgeous. Just absolutely beautiful. So yeah, I was lost in a gaze when she introduced herself and told me what they were going to do. But anyway, she told to make sure I didn't eat or drink anything after midnight and they would come get me in the morning to a pre-op room and then take me in for surgery. Inside I was jumping and yelling, whooping and a hollering. But physically, I couldn't do anything but smile because of the meds and pain my hand. I could barely sleep that night, all I remember what that the night nurse was like a jail sergeant more than a nurse and I was glad to be leaving that room.
Whew, today is over, and tomorrow they are FINALLY going to close up my arm and re-attach everything. I'll get my hand back, yahoo.
Goodnight, love you all.

No comments: