Sunday, November 14, 2010
12:01 AM
Well, without having to go back over any of the other files, I may be repeating myself, but. The date I'm writing this, yeah, it's about 2 1/2 years past the incident date but I'm finally getting the chance to do so.
So anyway, here we are. It's now Friday and I'm laying here anxiously awaiting word on whether or not my surgery is going to happen. In my room now is just one other female, the TV guy that seams to never be leaving, and myself.
Waiting, waiting, more waiting. Oh, did I mention that I WAS WAITING.
Ok, well finally someone arrives to wheel me over to another pre-op room and from here the anesthesiologist from last night and some other yahoo anesthesiologist is like coming between me and my girl, (haha). Anyway, they tell me what is going to take place and had me sign more papers.
Well that was about the last thing I remember until I woke up in what I honestly thought was either the back room of some other hospital thinking me and another dozen guys had a kidney or lung removed and sold on ebay. I was on an end, by a window that look out over this open, totally desolate, bright as the day is long, ROOF TOP. Yeah, roof top, but I also had a curtain between me and everyone else, which is what I really wanted. The real problem came when I realized I wasn't in Tijuana. I couldn't only here Spanish between anyone there in the room and on the TV. So I thought they transferred me to Mexico. I mean why not, they waited 72 hours to operate, I might as well have been an outsider from a whole different world.
Ok, so after little while, my nurse came by and filled me in on where I was, so I didn't have to worry about having a ranchers logo branded to my ass to go along with the herd of cattle in my warehouse of body's. But as God is my witness, I was in so much pain, I moaned and groaned all day and all night long. The pain was so fucking unbearable, I wanted to kill someone, and I was willing to be that someone. I just could not understand how I could be hurting so bad when they just operated on me, except that maybe the thought of them waiting 72 hours to reattach dead veins, nerves and arteries.
My daughter came by to see how I was doing after the surgery and brought me a few personal things, clothes mostly. Because we had no idea how long I was going to be in the hospital and she filled me in on what my son and Sarah were doing. I guess they stopped in Salt Lake City on the way back. No biggy, I'm just rambling now. After talking to my son later on I guess I don't have to feel guilty about finding Sarah to be actually pretty hot. She is and was a sweetheart among sweethearts. 1/2 my age but hey, I couldn't, not, say how I felt. But who knows, it was probably a one sided feeling.
After my daughter left, I had nothing to do but try and read the books I have on my phone but that alone was almost impossible because of the amount of pain I was in. I couldn't sleep for the life of me. The nurse had come back by after I buzzed her again and again. I needed something for the pain and nothing they were giving me was working. She brought a doctor by later that evening, I think it was around 11pm. I've already had a shit load of pain meds I think but if I had, they haven't been working at all. The next thing I know, it's Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment