January 18, 2011

Story about a confused doctor? you tell me.

Thu, Jan 06, 2011
Thursday, January 06, 2011
12:17 AM
Evening ya'all, yeah, it's pretty late. I had a wonderful dinner that my daughter made. Even the presentation looked great. I'm so proud of her.

Alright, this is what happened today when I called Dr. Lai's office. I spoke to Holly, my nurse, and asked her what was going on and why am I not getting anymore meds from Dr. Lai and why am I not having any additional follow up appointments. She said that she didn't know, only that they were not treating me anymore because I accepted a prescription from Dr. Bergey.
"Here I go again" I thought, having to defend myself for somebody else's mistakes. I explained all over again to Holly what had happened. "On Dec 6th I called and spoke to you (Holly), I asked about getting something stronger for the pain because of the implant shorting out, I am experiencing so much more pain than ever. You then said I need to talk to Elena and you transferred me and I got a voicemail. I left a very pleasant message with the day and time along with my name and cell phone number. I waited patiently the whole week and called back the following Monday morning, the 13th. I left yet another voicemail with date, time, my name and phone number once I was transferred to Elena's extension from the front desk. I called back again on Tuesday morning around 10:15 MST (I was in Arizona) which was 9:15 PST. So after I asked for Elena's extension, I got her voice mail again. I hung up and called the office back and asked if Elena was there, the woman I was talking to said that she thought she saw her in back. So she transferred me back to her extension, again, and also again, I got her voicemail. I left another voicemail with the date, time, my name and number.
I called yet one more time, on the 16th. Because the office was going to be closed on the 17th, I was hoping to get my meds before then. And even then when I called, I got the voice mail and left another message.
Well on the 17th I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Bergey and I told him that I tried to contact someone from Lai's and got no return call and I asked him if he could help me with some pain meds because I didn't have anything. So that was when he wrote me the script for Oxycontin.

I also had a hell of a day because I couldn't go to the bathroom, pee. I couldn't get up to walk in the first place and in the second, I couldn't piss laying down. I even had a friend come over to try and help, well that didn't work because watching her try to help me sort of got me excited. I mean she is hot and looking down and seeing her hold my unit, I just couldn't pee then. I didn’t become fully erect, but semi-hard. Either way I couldn't pee. It took me til late into the evening to go. As the evening went on, I was able to sit up longer and longer. So then I was able to hurry but made it to the bathroom and at least emptied about half my bladder.

Every time I either sat up or stood up, after a very few short minutes, it felt like my arms were being pulled off of my body because of how much more the doctor had to open my neck up and cut into the muscles of my shoulders. The pain was like from a night mare or a poltergeist move. It was so bad.

No comments: