Saturday, November 27, 2010
12:12 PM
I don't recall what time I woke up, but the nurse came by and gave me my morning pain meds and whatever else I was suppose to take. The pain had eased enough that I wasn't moaning and groaning like the night before. They brought me breakfast and my morning meds. After they took my tray of whatever they fed me away, the nurse cam back and said to go ahead and get dressed, it was time to go. I said "go where?". She told me I was all done and was released. I just about flipped out. Even though the doctor came by after my bitching about it, he made sense. There was nothing they could do more for me while I was recovering from the surgery, but I was surprised as hell that I had to do my recovery at home.
The bullshit about it was the fact that they didn't even see me for 4 hours when I first got there Tuesday night. Now here it is Saturday morning, not even 24 hours since my operation, and here they are basically kicking me out of the hospital.
After giving in because I had no choice in the matter of staying to recover, I called my daughter, Tasha, and fortunately she was already on her way to visit me. And luckily she said she was bringing me some clothes. They rushed me out so fucking fast, that I had to go wait for Tasha in this room like a lobby but it was only for patients that had just gotten discharged and was waiting for their ride, well that was me. I waited for about 45 min's for Tasha to get there but she could only go so fast. She didn't know I was being released. When she did get there, I didn't even bother changing out of the hospital gown, I was but naked underneath it and I told Tasha, "let's just get the hell out of here". I put on my cowboy boots she brought and wore my cowboy hat and proceeded to go to the car. Tasha drove and I just sat in passenger seat and dozed off once we got on the highway.
We got home and I went straight to bed. That’s where I think I stayed for weeks because of the pain.
I did get up a bit for the bathroom, and to shower now an then
No comments:
Post a Comment